Making of "Kurumu Kurono" fanart

Hi, everyone! How are you? I hope you enjoy reading regular updates, because I try hard making them. I'm taking photos of different steps and then edit the photos and compose them in one "step-by-step" thing.

This time it's a "Rosario x Vampire" Kurumu Kurono fanart, based on manga - a gift for my brother.


For this work I made a lineart again, because I wanted to achieve a more traditional anime look.
Media used:
- acrylic paint for inking (with brush, because pen doesn't work well on textured paper)
- watercolors
- Ecoline *aka liquid watercolor* for white effects and also to draw yellow lines on skirt, I mixed it with yellow watercolor, because it gives the best over-covering effect.

For background I decided to use yellow and orange colors to support the colors of skirt and a little star accessory.  To make it less boring I made some splashes with contrasting paint and some white Ecoline spots. On that stage the work still looked unfinished, so I decided to draw a heart *that fits Kurumu Kurono's personality* with a rough brush, I like the rough effect, it gives a "rock" touch. )

Final result:


 

Have a nice day!
Rosario + Vampire (c) Akihisa Ikeda

Комментарии